Thursday, October 10, 2013

MOOCing continues

So next week I begin my next Coursera MOOC experience which is a Philosophy course from Edinburgh University. Although no additional texts are necessary I have downloaded to my Kindle the text that goes with the course as I am sure I will want to refer to it.

When I was completing my MEd I became aware of a huge gap in my understanding of ideas from the domain of Philosophy. So much of the literature I was reading touched on philosophical theory which was basically absent from any of my other studies. So this MOOC work is a very real professional development opportunity for me as a lecturer on a teacher education programme.

I am trying not to give into an urge to work next on Dinosaurs 101 probably an essential course for early childhood teachers!

No comments: